"Paris is always a good idea"

Approximately 3 days ago I was probably the only college student in the history of the world to not be excited for summer.  I know, crazy.  To tell you the truth, it's because I hate, and I mean hate to make decisions because if anything goes wrong, I feel that it's my fault. I was planning on going back home and honestly had no clue what to do. All of my friends have full-time jobs so I was just planning on hanging out with them when they weren't being so dang professional and building a sick tan in the meantime while trying to commit to some kind of job. Besides making decisions I absolutely hate being bored, and if I were to stay in Rochester that's what I'd be 86% of the time when my friends or family were busy doing something with their lives.

I went home this weekend right before finals feeling super sad that another year of college was over...which got me thinking, why not stay at college as long as possible? I can always go back home for the summer but I can't always be a college student.

Suddenly, a scene from The Hills flashed through my head. It's when Lauren Conrad came back from the summer that she turned down Paris to spend time with Jason- which didn't turn out too pretty. Her boss basically ripped her apart and said she's always gonna be known as "the girl who didn't go to Paris".  Ouch.



Instead of doing what was best for her, she compromised and decided to get a place with her boyfriend.  Something that she could've done any time.  Well, I guess not really because they broke up instead. But how many times could she go to Paris? Well, I guess a lot because she is LC. Anyway my point is that for people who aren't on a reality TV show it's important to take chances and do the things that you want to do while you can.  As we're growing up, we won't have too many more summers where we're free to do whatever we want; we'll be stuck doing that dreaded thing called work.  So as the summer begins, remember to always seize the opportunity because when has Paris ever been a bad idea?



The Hills  once again teaching me a valuable lesson.  Where would I be in life without good ol' LC?!  Definitely not in Madison for the summer that's for sure.  And for that, I will be forever grateful.  I cannot wait to spend an entire summer in the city I love the most.  SUMMER 2013- GET READY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Free Apps

the best looks of the Golden Globes & where to get them for less

weekly wisdom