I got it from my mama

Who would've thought? There's some wisdom in will.i.am's lyrics "Baby, where'd you get your body from? I got it from my mama." 
Okay so I'm not exactly talking about getting your junk in the trunk from your mom (although if you did get a nice booty from her, feel free to thank her this Mother's Day!) What I mean is I have inherited so many things from my mom- a big heart, the desire to please others, confidence, and integrity, among a multitude of other things.  Every quality that is similar to hers in any way, I am grateful for because my mom is such an amazing and inspirational person. And I never ever ever tell her that.  

If you're anything like me, and sometimes always forget to tell your mom how much you care, make her a heartfelt Mother's Day card!  I tried out this website called Cardstore.com- amazing.  You can create custom cards by adding personal photos, personalized messages and your signature for a personal touch. Cardstore can also print, stamp and send your card via US postal service for you.  So easy! And the designs are endless, not to mention adorable.  Cardstore has been awesome enough to give you a special rate. Hollaaaa.  All you have to do is just put CSF3199 into the promotional codes before you checkout and make your purchase online.  That means the cards will only be $1.99 each. Ready, Set, Shop! 

I made one for my Grandma & my mom because it was so fun & painless. Here's a picture of the front of the one I made for my Grandma. Cute right? 


(GO PACKERS!) 


There's the inside where you can change the font, colors, add pictures, add your signature or you can just keep it how the original template was. Whatever floats your boat! 

I cannot begin to thank my mom (& my Grandma too!) for everything that she has done for me. How many times has she stayed up with me when I have another ear infection and am screaming from the excruciating pain? Without fail she does my laundry. She doesn't even hesitate to come and pick me up from Madison which is 3 and a half hours away when I need to go home for something. She's always surprising me with gifts or treats. I'm spoiled.  




A couple weekends ago was my sorority's Mom's Weekend where we did fun activities with our moms and our "sisters".  I was so happy to have my mom there. We had so much fun. And my mom was the ultimate trooper! She's usually passed out on the couch by 9 PM every night (ya know gotta get that beauty sleep in!) but she stayed out with me until midnight (a.k.a. a new record) just to make sure that I was having fun. Basically what I'm trying to say is if I turn out to be half as good of a mom as her, I'll be in pretty good shape.  So here's to getting it from your mama! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Free Apps

the best looks of the Golden Globes & where to get them for less

weekly wisdom